Sunday 29 July 2012

Quickie Cameo Baby Boy Cards

It's a boy... and another boy!! Congrats to two different sets of new parents, and thanks for giving me an excuse to try Lori Whitlock's baby onesie card designs (available through the Silhoutte Online Store). I'm at the age where most of my friends have teenagers so there are very few opportunities to welcome new little ones into the world in my circle. That is, most moms I know are more concerned about hot flashes than diapers and raised their kids in a way as to not make them grandmas anytime soon. Maybe if some of those younger married cousins...

The three little onesies on the laundry line were glued onto Twinery twine instead of the paper clothesline in the design, and then the middle one was embellished with "JK" for the new one's initials. The base of the card and the little stars were inked with Colorbox ink to coordinate with the wee dots on the middle onesie, cut from an uber-old piece of cardstock (I suspect Bazzill) in my stash. This cute little quarter-fold card was a complete cinch to make!

The big onesie card was pretty simple too. The paper was the same as the little onesie from the first card so I planned my Cameo cuts accordingly (you can see the size difference by looking at the dots). The neckline, arm trim and leg trim started out as white cardstock until they were inked with the same Colorbox pad as I used above. The baby carriage was from a box of really old embellishments. It was so old that I had to add adhesive to the back because the original had hardened and was no longer sticky. This was a much bigger card (approx 5' x 7") and so the front and back are joined at the very top.

There ya go - two very simple baby cards made in under half an hour. It almost took longer to select the paper, twine and ink than it did to actually assemble these cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment