Thursday 5 July 2012

Vacation!!

Oh my - I'm surprised I have a chance to sit down today. You see, hubby is flying home to day from his job in the oilsands (he's away for 14 days and then home for seven) and I have to pick him up at the airport (about an hour away) at dinnertime. We'll be back there tomorrow morning to fly to Ottawa, first for some visiting with family, and then two weeks at our little cottage. It'll be like the honeymoon we didn't have last summer. *big grin* Did I tell you that I love this man like crazy, even though he sometimes drives me crazy?

So if you don't see me too often during the next few weeks, that's because I'm here:

Our little cottage was originally the cookhouse for the lumber company that drove logs down the madawaska River into Kamaniskeg Lake in the early 1900s. It was converted to a cottage by Laura Thorne in 1941 when there were no roads in the area and everything needed to be brought in by barge or boat.

But the best thing about the place is the view...

Yep, this is home for the next couple of weeks, and again during August. It'll be rough but I think I'll survive. I may even take a few photos to scrap when I return... after I clean up the gardens here.

But for me to get there, I have to pack a few things here. Toodles for now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara,

    Enjoy this special time with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! We had a wonderfully relaxing yet very productive time, and best of all, we'll be back in another three weeks. Yup, I'm spoiled. :D

      Delete